home recent topics recent posts search faq  

SkitoSea :: Forum  

user:
psw:
| lost password | register
Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » General Race Questions » Are they measuring canoes at the inspection?

5/27/2016 10:44:00 AM

JessicaH
JessicaH
I measured my canoe last night and it's more than 18' - not legal for the rec division we're entered in. It's 18'6" - legal for the competitive division. I already have an email into the race directors. We are happy to switch to the competitive division (we don't care where we are - we aren't competitive in any division)!

Has anyone ever run into this? I can't imagine they would take my $600 and then tell us we can't race because the canoe is 6" too long...

Also - any reports on the river? We'll be out there tomorrow but we're curious what other people are seeing.
5/27/2016 6:16:06 PM

brady
brady
They do measure so you should be in the right division or they won't let you race in the canoe you brought.
5/27/2016 8:09:20 PM

jwez
jwez
They may send you on a search for a new canoe if you don't meet the requirements- I've seen that happen. I've also seen teams switch canoes when they were both in the "wrong" division.

Of course if you don't care about the results I would think you could still race and just end up being disqualified rather than having an official time.

Last I heard the river is running low and slow. Racers will be starting from the island on the river like last year and there is possibly a mandatory portage a few miles down the river to avoid debris.
5/28/2016 12:58:58 AM

kellnb
kellnb
I had that problem two years ago. They just changed us to a new division. No problem

Home » General Race Questions » Are they measuring canoes at the inspection?