user:
psw:
| lost password | register
Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » Teams Looking for Racers » Competitive Team looking for a sea kayaker

3/1/2014 5:10:31 PM

andreww
andreww
I'm captaining a team the first time this year. I'm a competitive cyclist, and have filled in some berths from my team and some from my friends. So far, everyone's at least reasonably competent at their legs. So while I have no idea where we'll end up in the standings at the end, I expect to pass you the chip before the cutoff.

Hopefully a good long time before the cutoff.
3/4/2014 7:13:38 AM

falloff999
falloff999
Hi Andrew, am responding to your ski 2 sea team spot for a kayaker. I've been racing for years and can finish in the top 20 paddlers. How is the rest of your team shaping up? Thanks, Mike.
3/5/2014 8:30:07 AM

moshep13
moshep13
Mike, if you haven't found a team, we're looking too! Competitive open and finished 69th overall last year. We are also missing a XC skier. mollyshepard13@yahoo.com
3/16/2014 6:24:05 PM

andreww
andreww
Just a quick bump - I'm still looking for someone to do the sea kayak leg.

A good fit for the team would be someone who does this sport regularly and will paddle his or her hardest on the day. You don't need to be a racer and I'm not making any promises about where in the standings we'll land. But, I think so far we're a fast enough group to give you some sort of a position to defend.

At present, I'm registered in Competitive Open. Once I fill the roster, I'll see if we qualify for something like Mixed (I have two women already) or Veterans. (Unlikely, since a couple of us are in our early thirties, but possible.) So female and/or older badasses are definitely welcome.
3/28/2014 10:08:47 AM

falloff999
falloff999
Andrew, the other team I've been talking to fell apart. So, I'm looking for a team to paddle for - will get you into or very near the top 20 on the kayak leg, for sure. Can get you race results and references, if you like. Thanks, Mike.

Home » Teams Looking for Racers » Competitive Team looking for a sea kayaker